HOW TO SETUP WORDPRESS ON 000WEBHOST FOR BLOGGING? A COMPLETE GUIDE.
If you have registered a domainname and now want a perfect website for blogging then wordpress is the best choice for starters.
There are many paid hosting sites out there but if you want your website up and running without spending money on webhost then 000webhost is just good enough to begin with. In this post I will be telling how to setup wordpress in 000webhost server using the FTP clients like filezilla or fireftp. I will be using fireftp which is a addon for mozilla firefox. I also used filezilla but if found fireftp was good for me but you can use any ftp clients out there.
- Register your domain. For information about registering your .com.np visit my other post register-your-personal-np-domain-for-free
- Sign up for free webhosting on http://www.000webhost.com/
- Download filezilla, if you use mozilla firefox then search for fireftp addon for your mozilla firefox browser.
- Download the latest version of the wordpress from http://www.wordpress.org/ and unzip.
Step by step guide
1. Login to your 000webhost account.
2. After login select create new account
3. Enter your registered domain name instead of example.com.np eg. surendrashrestha.com.np and choose the password as you like and click setup new account.
4. Upon completing the above step you should get the message like this. Now click Back to accounts list.
5. Now click the Go to CPanel
6. Now Click view account Details.
Read this if you are getting the below alert message
Now if you are getting the following error message then it means the domain is not pointing to the 000webhost name server. You have to point the dns(domain name system) server to the 000webhost. If you already have used the nameservers to ns01.000webhost.com and ns02.000webhost.com for your domain recently then you have to wait 24-28 hours. If it still shows the message then double check the nameserver name and type it exactly as it says, once I mistyped the domain nameservers as ns1.000webhost.com make sure you haven?t done the same mistakes.
7. Note down the ftp details the password will be the same as the password you used in the step 3. After noting down the details Click Enter the control panel.
8. Now click The My sql icon under software/services
9. Now you need to create the database for the wordpress. Fill up the form as you wish. After filling the form click create database.
You will be greeted with the information as below. Now you need to note down all the information carefully. You will need this information to setup your wordpress.
10. Now locate your wordpress folder the place where you downloaded the wodpress and unzipped it.
Open the wordpress folder on your computer.
Open the file wp-config-sample.php in notepad.
The file should have the content as below
// ** MySQL settings – You can get this info from your web host ** //
/** The name of the database for WordPress */
/** MySQL database username */
/** MySQL database password */
/** MySQL hostname */
/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
/** The Database Collate type. Don’t change this if in doubt. */
Now you only need to edit the information that are marked red. Just fill up the red words with the information you noted in step 9.
- Replace database_name_here with a5817322_wp (And of course you need to type your own information, the one you have noted down not the one I write here).
- Replace username_here with a5817322_suren
- Replace password_here with surendra123..
- And finally replace localhost with mysql12.000webhost.com.
Double check the information you filled and save changes to the file.
Now rename the file to just wp-config.php
11. Now open the fireftp from mozilla or open the filezilla. Filezilla user are on there own?. sorry folks, but the overall thing is just the same I guess you should easily be able to setup anyway.
On firebug click create new account.
- Use the information from step 7.
- use ftp hostname from step 7 as host.
- use ftp username from step 7 as login.
- use ftp password from step 7 as password.
12. Now connect to the FTP server using connect in the firebug.
- If everything goes nicely till here then you should be successful to connect and the the files on your servers should be listed on the right pane and the left pane you can browse the files on your computer which you can push it to the server.
- On right pane double click public_html. There will be a file named default.php.
- Simply delete the file.
- Now on the right pane navigate to the folder where you downloaded wordpress and unzipped.
- Select all files on the left pane and right click and select upload or use the right arrow key to push files to the server. Now the uploading the files to the server takes time depending upon the speed of your internet. Be patient and make sure you transfer all files to the server. Incomplete transfer may cause problems to your site.
13. After successfully uploading all your files to the server it time to launch your website. Type the url of your site on the browser i.e www.example.com.np. Now keep your hands crossed and hope everything goes well. If you are following everything properly then you should get what I get on the browser.
14. Now fill up the information as asked by the wordpress and click install wordpress.
15. This is the end of this post. Now login to your wordpress admin and see what you can do. I am sure you will be able to find a nice theme and start blogging. Read the tutorials and documentation provided by the wordpress. THATS IT!!